Call for Developers seeking support under Mexican geothermal risk transfer and financing program
A call has been issued for developers of geothermal projects with valid geothermal permits and concessions in Mexico to seek funding under the new Risk Transfer and Financing Program for geothermal projects in Mexico.
The Mexican parties to the new “Generic Risk Transfer and Financing Program” announced in July this year, have launched an information website, which provides details about a planned tender process.
The program, that has been developed to help initiate geothermal development through drilling of exploratory wells and the development of geothermal areas with permit or concession in force granted by SENER (Ministry of Energy in Mexico), was developed by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) through the Clean Technologies Fund (CTF), in conjunction with NAFIN, SENER and INEEL. As part of the program a Public tender for drilling services on exploratory wells has been issued, as we reported on today.
Call for Project Developers
The call is open to physical or legal persons constituted according to Mexican laws that have permits or concessions of geothermal resources issued by SENER in force in the year 2020 or susceptible to obtain an extension.
- Announcement/ Opening – July 12, 2018
- Clarification meeting – August 20, 2018
- Reception of proposals – September 6, 2018
- Prequalification – September 17, 2018
- Additional information – September 27, 2018
- Evaluation – October 18, 2018
- Signature of the Contract (tentative) – November 2018
- Start of services – First half of 2019
Details via the website if INEEL