Job: Geothermal Well Services Engineer, Rotorua, New Zealand
Electricity utility and operator Mercury is seeking to fill the position of Well Service Engineer/ Geothermal in Rotorua, New Zealand.
Energy utility Mercury in New Zealand has published a job vacancy for a WELL SERVICES ENGINEER – GEOTHERMAL in Rotorua, New Zealand.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Mercury as a Well Services Engineer. This is a newly created role providing well engineering support across the four geothermal fields operated by Mercury in the Central North Island of NZ; helping create wonderful renewable energy for New Zealanders to enjoy now and in the future.
The successful candidate will join a highly-skilled Well Services team with responsibilities in delivering drilling and well intervention works, providing ongoing well engineering support for well operations, monitoring well integrity, and maintaining stocks of contingent drilling materials.
In joining Mercury you will become part of a diverse, professional and dedicated team, where development and upskilling are actively encouraged, and fresh opportunities come thick and fast.
What are we looking for? If you have:
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical or other engineering discipline
- Experience in the provision well drilling and/or well intervention engineering services, including leading technical programme development and work supervision
- Well design and drilling engineering competence, with a solid understanding of the relevant engineering principles
- Demonstrated capability in problem solving and critical thinking
- The ability to take ownership and drive tasks to completion
- Strong ethics and a safety mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand (or capability of securing necessary working Visa)
We want to hear from you!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you Apply Now!
- Reference: # 16782
- Posted: 10 AUG 2018
- Closing: 26 AUG 2018 17:00
- Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
- Expertise: Engineering
- Job level: Experienced
- Work type: permanent full time
- More Details (document) WELL+SERVICES+ENGINEER+AUG+18.PDF
Source: Careers @Mercury